Wednesday, March 3, 2010

holy, holy, holy

Sometimes we forgot how holy God truly is, well at least I do. We probably will not realize how holy he completely is until we reach heaven however it is nice to get a glimpse of that realization sometimes. In Exodus 19, the Israelites were awaiting communication with God on Mount Sinai but God put many boundaries on them. They had to follow certain regulations before being able to encounter the Holy God we live for, one being purity. As the Lord was present on Mount Sinai, thunder roared, lightening flashed, and a dense cloud came down on the mountain. The mountain was covered in smoke because my Lord had come in the form of fire. These images create such a sense of holiness our Lord encompasses. If it wasn't for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I would never have the ability to even come close to seeing or understanding God's holiness. I am so blessed that he gave His son to die for me so I could one day spend eternity praising the one and only Holy Father in Heaven.

1 comment:

Heather's Heart said...

What an awesome post! I am a 1st grade teacher and know God put me in the classroom to touch the hearts of the kiddos I teach. What an amazing way for us to show unconditional love. I have TONS of *freebies* on my blog that I would love for you to come check out! I also share many poems about how God uses us in the classroom. One of the poems I just shared is called "A Heart of Patience". I would be humbled if you came to read it.

Heather
Heather's Heart